|Thin Blaster Bolts - File Description
| Description: |
The author decided that, after watching A New Hope (that's Episode 4, for those only familiar with the prequels), the blaster bolts in Jedi Academy were much too thick and didn't really reflect how they appeared in the film. I must say I tend to agree with him, to an extent, although I think he may have gone to the extreme end with his changes.
Basically the blaster bolt has been thinned out. That's going to be the big appeal of this mod, although it does make some other small changes, like removing the charge effect from the blaster and reducing the glow. I'm going to say I think they look a little too thin -- kind of like laser pointers now -- but it's really only my preference and this is probably still an improvement in the realism department.
| || || |
|Thin Blaster Bolts - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|Thin Blaster Bolts - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|Thin Blaster Bolts - Readme |
| Readme File: |
Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
TITLE: Thin Blaster Bolts
FILESIZE: 7.05 kb
DATE RELEASED: 11 January 2008
CREDITS: me, myself and I......and ravensoft for the impact effects....and the game and stuff.
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS: extract the thinblasterbolts.pk3 into your jediacademyinstallation\gamedata\base folder, remove to uninstall
it may be a good idea to remove any other .pk3 files that will interfere with this one except assets#.pk3 files.
DESCRIPTION: This mod is supposed to resemble a new hope's blaster effects for "realism" sake. basicly it:
- Changes blaster bolt picture and glow into a thinner ones.
- Removes all charging effects for blaster pistol (charging sound, glowing ball at muzzle tip) except the bolt is slightly lightened.
- Pistol also uses blaster bolt image for both normal and charged shot (so its all red)
- Blaster uses pistols alt charge wall impact effect, so it looks more powerful and realistic.
- Both weapons make smoke impact effects when shooting someone.
BUGS: - The reduced glow will be on other things that use the same effect (eg. fletchete and bowcaster) so they may look strange.
- Also there appears to be extra colours and stuff polluting the outside of the bolt which can only be seen when the bolt is
moving really slow, this is most evident on the charged pistol bolt, though u cant see it normaly on any bolt.
- The console will complain about a altcharge.mp3 not working, thats a good thing.
COMMENTS: Remove the whiteglow.jpg from gfx\effects for full glow and red core which will stop no.1 bug
remove the briarfrontflash.jpg briarsideflash.jpg from gf\effects and the sound folder for normal pistol charging effects.
The reason i removed them was because you dont see han solo charging his pistol to get a 1 hit kill so its for realism sake.
feel free to contact me about anything related as im glad to help
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION, RAVEN, OR
LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & © LUCASARTS
ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.
THOUGH THEY SHOULD BECAUSE ITS A GOOD MOD, IN MY OPINION.
|Thin Blaster Bolts - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Jedi Knight Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 11 | Last comment: 01-15-2008 at 08:35
Joined: January 6th, 2008
|Not on harm but....Why such mod?I mean its useless. |
Joined: March 2nd, 2006
|I really like this idea! To me it looks alot better than the original JKA laser. |
I'm definately Downloading this.
If you're thinking of making a version 2, you should make the blaster bolts fly through the air faster. I always thought the Base JKA blaster bolts were way to slow.
From: (Perth, WA)
Joined: March 4th, 2005
|i think they go to slow as well and they're far to weak, however i cant edit the their speed. You can use this mod called xmod which allows you to edit their speed and damage. |
Joined: April 17th, 2006
|No offence but if you wanted Star Wars effects, good and proper ones, you could go download TK's Effects and sounds mod on this site. |
Joined: May 13th, 2007
The minimum character limit is 10, your message contained 6 characters!
From: (Fontenay aux Roses)
Joined: November 6th, 2005
|lol, i got unbanned from commenting? wtf? |
anyway, i u want a ANH feeling in your game that' s definitely a mod to get
imagine playing it in the Tantive IV
Joined: October 19th, 2007
|look at the last pic, the 1 in first person, look at the computer console in the upper left corner! there.........weird |
Joined: September 26th, 2007
|lol, the last screenie looks like a stormtrooper saying |
"after you, miss forge."
Joined: July 9th, 2007
|wow, those are some freeky, nightmare inducing, haunting, hillarious faces in the left corner of the last pic |
Joined: January 29th, 2004
|Other pics have faces too, but it's REALLY hard to find one in picture 3, it's on the stormtrooper. |
From: (Perth, WA)
Joined: March 4th, 2005
|The first 2 screenshots show with the mod, the last 2 are without. There are little "easter eggs" in the screenshots |
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!